There has been a COVID-19 outbreak in Fujian province, where Xiamen port is located. Positive cases have been reported in Pu tian, Quanzhou, Xiamen and Zhangzhou.
As a result, the following measures have been implemented by the Chinese government:
- All Xiamen city residents must be tested
- Anyone looking to leave Xiamen must show a negative test
- The entire Tongan district is locked down
- All government offices are closed
- Checkpoints have been set up on highways
- All companies in Xiamen must work shifts or work from home
- Schools are closed and teaching has moved on-line
EV Cargo’s facilities in Xiamen will be implementing shift work and working from home but will work hard to ensure that service and responses are affected as little as possible. However, it is inevitable that shipments from Xiamen and the region will be affected.
Our origin teams are already in contact locally with suppliers who may be affected, and our global teams will also ensure that any customers with cargo impacted are kept up to date on the situation.
Should you have any concerns, or if you require further information about the issues covered in this update, or in relation to COVID and international trade in general, please do not hesitate to speak to your EV Cargo contact who will assist.