Meet the B Smith Packaging team
Our people are central to everything that we do. Teamwork is the name of the game both internally and externally and we like our clients to see us as an extension of their own team. From taking your order, artwork and design, fulfilment then picking and packing of your orders in the warehouse to delivery-our staff are here to ensure that your experience is unrivalled and your packaging is with you on time, every time.
At B Smith Packaging everyone has a voice. We have a flat management structure with a senior team of four that represent the various elements of the business but it is a team organisation and all employees are empowered to have their input.
Chairman and Key Account Director for Cornwall, Devon, Wales and Gloucestershire
An Engineer by training, Andrew has over thirty years experience in the packaging sector and is our technical expert. He can find a packaging solution to any need you may have. He is a real character and has a plethora of facts we could choose but here are three of them
- Once crashed a hang glider into a car on a beach
- Has a Union Jack suit and made the Redtops wearing it
- Is a keen pilot, skier, surfer and recently an electric skateboarder!
Head of Sales and Marketing and Key Account Director for Bath, Bristol and Corporate Accounts
With a degree in Russian and German, Christina has worked extensively abroad for many diverse brands and has been on the other side of the fence buying packaging for the likes of Greenalls, Topps, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, Allied Domecq.
- Is an adrenaline junkie and never sits still
- Is a member of a local amateur dramatic society
- Has judged International drinks awards despite being teetotal
Head of Operations
From installing our state of the art automated warehouse system to designing interactive EPOS systems for packaging call offs for multi-national brands, Richard is our Warehousing and distribution guru. Ensuring that our clients have their products on time, every time.
- An avid fan of the mighty Kidderminster Harriers
- Is an entitled Lord Ritchie Rich of Blackpole
- Has a passion for current affairs
Accountant and Office Manager
Ali C has been with the company for 16 years, Ali is the Accountant of the company but also responsible for all Accounts, Admin and Artwork Departments. Whilst not in Sales Ali does like a little dabble and has been hugely successful with pulling some nice accounts in.
- Keen ballerina who has rediscovered her love of being en pointe
- A mad Queen (the band) fan
- Enjoys pottering in the garden
- Always seen wearing a brightly coloured scarf, never seen in the same scarf twice
Key Account Management
Our experienced sales team cover the whole of the UK with designated geographies and skill sets that cover sectors and products. The key account management team are passionate about what they do and are here to help you grow your brand and business through effective use of your packaging.
Key Account Director for North West, North Wales and Lake District
- Keen rugby fan recently went to the World Cup in Japan and didn’t see a game!
- Was a miner in a gold mine
- Keen traveller both near and far
- Likes sailing his rib around the UK and Irish coastline with his son
Key Account Director for Midlands
With over twenty two years experience there isn’t any role in B Smith Packaging she hasn’t done. Sarah works in close partnership with her customers to ensure they have the best packaging needed.
- Keen chef and Queen of food
- Loves travelling around Europe in her motorhome
- Avid golfer with an ever reducing handicap
Key Account Director for London and Home Counties
Vince brings a plethora of experience in both sales and supplier sourcing. Vince has been on board since 2001, he brings a wealth of knowledge and has great innovative ideas to ensure his customers get the best packaging possible
- Keen Royals fan-Reading FC
- Dog lover
- Loves travelling with Turkey being his favourite Holiday destination
Key Account Manager for Yorkshire, North East and Scotland
- Learning to figure skate
- Loves all things cheese related… cheesecake, macaroni cheese, cheese and crackers even cheesy music
- Rode the worlds tallest sky coaster in Kissimmee, Florida at 300ft high!
Design and artwork
Headed up by Claire, we have in-house graphic design and 3D imagery to support our packaging solutions.
Head of design and artwork
Claire became our first full time artist way back in 2004. Since then she has expanded the team and now heads up the department. Claire’s vision and expertise leads us to take her out in the field to give an Artistic point of view with customers. The Sales team would be lost without her.
- Loves being outdoors and baking
- Currently learning Karate
- Once an extra in a ITV drama show
Artwork origination and social media
Dan The Man, is with us on a 1 year contract covering Maternity leave, although we are not sure if we will ever let him go. His ideas and artistic vision is making him a valuable part of the team.
- Completed a winter season as a chalet host
- Enjoys board sports (snow and skate)
- Keen interest in climbing, photography and cars
Sales administration and Accounts team
Our highly experienced sales administration team are on hand to help with any queries you may have. Each one supports a member of the key account team, from queries to invoicing and they also are our day to day contact with our extensive global supplier network. We also have a team of credit controllers and account administrators who are here to process your payments and queries on 01905757124.
Assistant Accountant and Sales Support to Andrew and Kelly
Caroline has been with the company for 19 years, first and foremost Caroline is responsible for the day to day account duties whilst also looking after two of our Sales team, Andrew and Kelly.
- Keen cook, brownies a speciality
- Cornish and Proud
- Animal lover, The supervet is her hero!!
Senior supervisor and sales admin
Sarah has been with company since a baby, joining us at the young age of 20. Now in her twentieth year, we feel we have her for life.
- A keen singer, often you can hear her dulcet tones lingering in the office
- Likes football, keen Liverpool supporter (we will forgive her for this)
- Always sports a fresh bold set of nails
Our youngest and newest member of the team, but already gaining valuable experience on the B Smith products and systems
- Likes anything to do with Sports
- Socialising is his greatest passion
Ali is predominantly responsible for the Credit Control within the Business, she also assists with admin and accounts. Ali will often be the lady that answers the phone to you guys.
Our warehouse team provide a pick and pack storage operation with our own in-house delivery service for smaller drops. Our fully automated state of the art racking system with BRC A* accreditation ensures that we can effectively store food grade products to boxes in the most economical way possible. We have our own fleet of delivery vans for smaller local and regular deliveries.
Mark has been with us for the last 17 years. His attention to detail ensures a smooth running warehouse.
- Leeds United fan-just like our chairman!
- Restorer of vintage motorcycles
- A keen cyclist and retained firefighter
Dave has just celebrated his first decade at B Smith, he ensures all your goods are picked, packed and dispatched on time.
- Oldest and a lively member of staff
- Fan of live music and film
- Experienced in print based media
Interested in working with us?
Contact our friendly team on 01905 757 124 or fill in the form below and we will get back to you!