With the challenges facing our climate today, it is one of our core values and drivers to explore ways of having a sustainable impact on the environment with all of our packaging solutions.
Compostable, reusable, recyclable, degradable – sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of what we do at B Smith Packaging is our desire to protect the planet. We are committed to finding ways to reduce our impact on the environment and we have worked extensively on sourcing alternatives to plastics while promoting recycled options. Our paper is all FSC certified and we only source from mills with re-afforestation programmes. If it’s not recyclable, we promote reusable multi-use products and are phasing out single-use plastics.
Wherever possible we use water-based adhesives and varnishes and plant or vegetable-based inks.
We also have a range of products that are made from potato and corn starch. These are home compostable. Our latest product is our paper bag made using wood fibres from controlled and sustainably managed forests, utilising technology which reduces waste and energy consumption. It is biodegradable and can also be recycled.
In the last 12 months, we have:
- Launched our new ‘box in a box’ concept to the E-commerce retail sector
- Developed recycled plastic bottle bags, dealing directly with the already existing problem with each bag using 30 bottles. This bag is therefore already recycled and reusable.
- Migration from plastic carrier bags to paper and cardboard boxes: For many or our key market food sectors-butchers, bakers, farm shops and delis, fish and chip shops- we have proactively sourced paper alternatives to meet their consumer demands.
- Promoted true ‘Bags for life’ sustainable options made from cotton, canvas, jute and Juco for our clients to both sell and gift as pert of their transaction.
- For our on-line retailers and to maintain our focus on sustainability, we have sourced paper mailing bags as an alternative to plastic.
- Provided bespoke glassware solutions for artisanal gin brands
- Designed a suite of new products that has the WOW factor for the recipient that can be flat packed and reused
We want to evolve your brand and ours. Our customers are the heartbeat of our business and we have dedicated account teams to ensure your needs are met in a timely, cost effective way.
We are British Retail Consortium A* accredited, hold ISO9001, ISO4001. We audit all our suppliers and are confident that our goods are always of the highest standards. We are determined to exceed expectations both for our clients and their end consumer by delivering the ‘WOW’ factor.
We are transparent and honest. We believe in being up front and delivering the best results and keep our clients informed at every stage.
We pride ourselves on thinking outside the box. We are not just about paper bags and boxes. We are passionate about everything we do and we can find a packaging solution from gin glasses to coathangers, cigar boxes to cooler bags.
We care about the environment and source ethically and responsibly in every situation. If low carbon footprint is a key consideration, we will only source from UK suppliers. All our boxes and paper is from FSC accredited providers with reafforestation programmes. We are the only UK supplier who sources recycled plastic bottle bags that deal with the existing problem.
We care about our clients. We make sure we abide by ethical processes and EU standards. We believe in the importance of teamwork and care about our staff, our clients and their customers.
Interested in working with us?
Contact our friendly team on 01905 757 124 or fill in the form below and we will get back to you!